Monday, November 30, 2009

The Number 10


The number 10 is on my mind. I have not written 10 blogs entries in one month...oops, yes I did, last November, but that was a different time, before I fell apart. Doesn't sound hard, but it kind of is, or is it..? I don't know. Creativity is not something that just sits on the shelf and calls out "pick me pick me!" And you take it down and open it up and there is a roadmap of all you will do. It is more like a hidden path, a game of hide and seek, trying to open your locker in 7th grade and forgetting your combination..for me it has tremendous peaks when I am consumed, and then can drop to bleak depths, and I wonder, will I ever have anything else ever again to say? And that is a frightening thought. I hope it does not happen.

So I Googled meanings for the number 10, and there were a whole lot of them. Quite interesting really. This one spoke to me:

The number ten is regarded as the most perfect of numbers, because it contains the Unit that did it all, and the zero, symbol of the matter and the Chaos, of which all came out; it then includes in its figure the created and the non-created, the beginning and the end, the power and the force, the life and the nothing.

Funny. I just wanted to reach 10 blogs in one month as some sort of little milestone to myself. But now I have a whole new thought about the number 10. Maybe there is some sign here. That I made it through the beginning and the end, the life and the nothing, the created and the non created. Just a whole lot of nothingness engulfed in a whole lot of something. And tonight I wish I could unlock that locker, find the wardrobe, whatever..because I feel like there are things setting up before me, but I cannot see them, but there is all this stuff going on, like cotton candy swirling around, light and fluffy and sweet, but disappears so fast. I don't want to miss it. But I don't really feel like I have to do anything, it is all being done for me.

No comments: