Sunday, February 1, 2009

January Ends


Ugh. Just another incredibly stressful month. We all feel it, it is everywhere these days. It is impossible to have a conversation and not have it turn to the economy. I try to start evey day new and just be in the moment for that day. But then the conversation comes back again, how can it not these days. So many more job losses in January, it is almost incomprehensible. Where are these people going to find a job? The company I work for had lay offs, small in comparison, yet it still hit home, some of my colleagues lost their job. I think we all worry these days, we are all on the hot seat, wondering, waiting, going that extra mile to keep our job, even trying to not think about it, not put the vibe out in the universe.

But I guess we all need a Plan B. Plan Bs don't seem all that attractive these days. There is the extreme Plan B--like in LA last week, when a man shot and killed his wife and 5 kids, saying he and his wife agreed to end their lives, as they had no choice, with no jobs (I am paraphrasing.) It stuns me that this was their Plan B. And it was not a Plan B months or year down the road, but within weeks, if even that. So incredibly sad that all their lives ended over money.

I am at a loss of what to write, except for my same thought that life is more important than money. There must be a way, even if it is a very less than great way to make it through, there is a way, there has to be. Otherwise what is the choice? The country is in quite a state right now.Everywhere. I guess part of getting out of it, has to be a new mind set, otherwise we just go into a spiral. It starts at home. I don't have the answers, I am not a economist, a financial planner, a guru with the answers. Far from it. Far from it. But I know death is never the answer. I know Plan Bs can be put together. I have read some uplifting stories of Plan Bs--people turning the corner and starting over. They found a way to make it work, a new way, but they found it. Life is about change, and as we see right now, sometimes some really tough changes. I think I have said it before, it was from Churchill, "never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, give up."

No comments: