Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Finding Magic


My little girl turned 8 on February 2. What a wonderful age. Full of excitement and fun and laughter and love. She has no bad thoughts or any worries. Each day is its own special unique day. I love watching her celebrate her birthday. Every card she gets, every GIFT she gets, anything we do, is like better than the thing before! She even wore her "birthday girl" badge, and with so much pride. She is like a little gift that we get to open again and again, a gift that never ceases to be wonderful. The light children have is unbelievable. I sit here at my keyboard a bit stressed about another day at work and feeling like I am in a hot pot, along with millions of other people (and hey I have it good..) and wish the early morning before 7 AM would just go on for hours and I could just hang out in the quiet and safety of my own little cocoon. But the day will start very soon. My little one snuggles in her bed asleep with sweet dreams and I love that energy. It is like magic dust sprinkled around. When we grow up where does it go. So hard to find it and keep it, even when we try. It is like the elusive light disappearing around the corner even as we try to keep up with it. Like that light in Sleeping Beauty that keeps going up the stairs as she chases it. What does it bring her to? A pricked finger and a long deep sleep. Maybe the light isn't worth chasing (even though her handsome prince still finds her..) Maybe the light is just right here, right at this keyboard, right in the room before 7 am and all day long. I am not so sure at the moment, after a night filled with stressful dreams. Some say they need coffee. But I don't drink it.

No comments: