Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tiger Woods


Okay this is almost unbelievable. Again, I don't know WHY I am always shocked!! This story, it is just TOO much.

I don't follow sports at all. I can name a handful of famous athletes, and could not tell you any stats about them. I think PRO sports figures are wayyyyy over rated, and wayyyyyyyyy overpaid, it is a sport for God's sake!! They are not curing diseases, or helping starving children, or anything else great. But whatever, they play a sport, and well, and society eats it up, and so do the sponsors! Again, all totally bizarre to me. And to totally go in a different direction, Serena or is it Venus (I really don't remember) has her name and image attached to a Tampax print ad, and I think, "Good God, don't you have like a zillion dollars!! Do you really want your name stuck with a tampon commercial?" Anyhow this is not about that...

Of course I know the name Tiger Woods. We all do. I knew he was a really good golfer, and a prodigy since like age 3. I knew he had a beautiful wife who gave him 2 cute kids. I thought he was some squeaky clean guy, a good guy. NO. None of my images seem to ever work out. Do we all feel this way--women at least?

I see the headlines the other day, and thought the car crash sounded weird, but whatever. I don't usually read The National Enquirer so I had no idea about the story that had broke. By the way, I think most of the stuff in there, for the most part, has some element of truth. Celebrities like to deny it up and down, but almost always there is something true about it. I look at the dope Rachel Uchitel, and think what a dope she is..trying so hard to be so important. I don't get how she is some jet setter flying into LAX and hiring Gloria Allred--did I miss something along the way. She denies, it yeah, whatever, maybe. Who knows. She looks like a Hollywood wannabe.

BUT, the story just keeps going. Today bright and early Jamie Grubbs hits the wires, (and she looks a lot like Rachel..they totally have that stupid reality show, 20 something, star look..) and she totally says they had an affair, was it 31 times or something, so funny to keep track!! And she has that desperate voice mail from him that they kept playing on Entertainment Tonight tonight, he sounds like some dumb high school guy. We just could not make this stuff up!! And he pretty much admits to it through a bunch of double talk on his website. Totally caught.

Now I just don't get it. Most people do get caught, at some point, accidentally or out in the open they get caught. Like it IS going to happen. BUT if you are a HUGE star, the whole planet knows who you are, then forget about it. And certainly not with some trampy ho, who has NO values and does not care at all about you or your family, only their own pathetic search for fame...and when you have a gorgeous wife at home, really!! And his wife was pregnant with his child when he is out cheating..I mean, again we cannot make this stuff up.

I am dumbfounded. I wonder when things will lose their shock value. I might be too old. Maybe for the younger gen out there, 35 and below, or 30 and below, nothing is shocking, in fact it is all totally normal. They live in a different reality. A reality show it seems.

He had it all. This might go away and be forgotten. I am not sure. I think he has fallen from grace.

No comments: