Sunday, January 25, 2009

Morbid Thoughts


Okay, I know the title sucks. In so much doom and gloom out there these days, where is my happy space, my sunny side, my good news! I don't feel down at the moment, but I was so distracted, no that is not the word, so ....bothered? but I don't mean that in a nuisance kind of way...about the death of the Brazilian model a few days ago..

She had been fine, then did not feel well at the end of December. One thing led to another, they diagnosed her with septicaemia and she was going down hill fast. They had to amputate her hands and feet. As soon as I read that, it just was like being hit on the head with a baseball bat. Wow.

The image of that is awful. This gorgeous young girl, with huge promise, now has no hands or feet. Then they had to take her kidneys and half her stomach. She was on life support, but could still communicate with her eyes. But then she died. Less than one month ago, fine, weeks later dead. It is one of those stories that you just don't want to read. But as my thoughts go, I am very troubled that she lost these limbs but still died anyhow. It seems like such a drastic measure and it still did not help. I have no idea.

I am not sure what the after life looks like. I don't want to get into some religious argument, I just don't have the energy at the moment. I have thought before that however we leave this planet is what we are on the other side. Remember in the movie Ghost, how Patrick Swayze was forever in that maroon colored shirt he was wearing and the black pants--what he was wearing when he was killed. I have thought I hope I go wearing something I like and am having a good hair day. I know, pathetic! But these are my thoughts! So I am deeply troubled to think this young beautiful girl went to the next life with no hands nor feet, I just don't like to think that could be the final round. I hope we can get repaired when we get to the other side, seems like a fair request. Maybe we can even pick out a different outfit, fix our hair, go back to a younger look if we die old. Maybe no one out there in the beyond sees our physical, maybe we are just lights buzzing around, and project the best of ourselves anyhow. That sounds quite nice.

It was sobering though. Young and beautiful with so much promise. Less than 3o days later dead and gone. Another reason not to take the economy so seriously every second of every day.

No comments: