Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Honey Honey, Hey Sugar Sugar


Well for some reason, and one never knows why, I feel kind of upbeat at the moment, and the song by the Archies, "Honey, Honey, Hey Sugar Sugar" just popped into my mind as bizarre as that is. I was reading my post from the other day, and suddenly I wanted to sing that to the person who wrote that post (me of course.)

See this is this bullshit journey, because today is kind of good, and not one thing is different from Saturday, nothing. Well I am reading books on witchcraft so maybe I am getting some good ideas :) Seriously, though, I recommend them. Way more interesting that I realized.

I believe life is this odd thing. It is so a product of the environment we are born into and grown into. We are conditioned to want and need love as we grow up--do we really need it to be happy, or has that so been drilled into us, that we don't know any other way. I really wonder on that thought. I mean romantic love. I mean having a significant other. We live in a couples world, at least in North America, so this is the world I know. Can life really be fulfilling without a significant other, or do we just try to fill it in with book clubs, and vacations, and exercise and girls night, and everything else, just to keep the fact that we are alone not knocking on our door...or are we really okay with it..I don't know, clearly. Because for the most part, everyone I know is a couple or looking to be one. My friend made a great comment the other day as she bagged the dating sites..she said she really saw that it is almost a way for everyone to be a community of single people together looking, to feel like they are in action, but at the end of the day how many real relationships come out of those sites. I don't know the stats, but I don't think that many compared to how many people are on there looking.

I like to think of life as all these dimensions, like little doors that we open, or rabbit holes that we fall down, or wardrobes we walk through, and poof we are in some other life. It really is not worth fighting, because for the most part, it will just happen. One day we will wake up in a whole other life. One day we won't wake up at all, or as I see it, we will then be in another dimension.When I look at things this broadly, I don't feel so bad, so alone, so left. I just feel kind of here for the moment, and wonder where I am going.

No comments: