Wednesday, May 6, 2009

May 7


There are some dates on the calendar you just want to miss. May 7 is now one for me. Tomorrow marks the 15th wedding anniversary for me. I sit here staring at a screen, knowing this day would come and I would be faced with confronting it, because it is going to arrive no matter what. The reality is my husband has moved far past the date, it has NO meaning to him. It probably has NOT for years. That is the tough reality, and I have to get my arms around it. The date has had no significance to him, just another lie, another day to fake being in a marriage that had meaning, while there was a whole other life going on. So May 7 might still mean something to me, at this point more for meaning sake, I am not sure, but the other half of this union forgot that date a long time ago.

I am extremely troubled by society these days and the fall from morals and values. I never considered myself a "church lady." While I was aware of this "fall from standards" I just did not think about it near as much as I do now, now that it is so front and center in my own life. I am appauled by the behavior of grown up married people, sickened might be the better word. Infidelity is rampant, and now it is becoming more and more acceptable. I feel like somehow I missed the overwhelming vote of YES on infidelity--really where was I when that was happening.?? What happened to the time of my youth...or is it now just so boldly out there, there is no hiding from it. ..I was sickened, again that is the word, to find out the other day about a site called Ashley Madison--claiming, "Life is short, have an affair. "What does a person say to that. The site is all about married people looking for affairs. SICK. Who are these people that have no value in their marriage and their vows. Who willingly puts their PHOTO up on a site, celebrating their decision to cheat??? Why are they even married? Why get married, it has no significance anymore. The fact that a site like this exists is such a letdown to society and the bonds of marriage. It is heartbreaking. All the people participating have no value or values. YES I am spouting off my opinion. It floors me that this is out there. And I have lived it, unknowingly.


And there are so many other sites I am sure. Sites all over the internet, so many lonely souls searching for meaning in the word sex, it is really sad. This is what it has come to. These people seriously need a cause, a hobby, a kick in the ass, to have their life mean more than that. Single people, there are a lot of desperate ones, but at least they are single, I mean I cannot totally make them wrong...but married or those in a committed relationship..? I cannot even begin to give them one ounce of "okay" let alone those not in committed relationships opening up their lives to those who are, who say things like "I can host" meaning, "hey my place is great at noon, while your home, that encompasses your husband and children, and a life..that is off limits.."

Sure, people won't like this. I don't give a damn. I no longer am going to sit back and say "gee what they do is their own business." NO, I have now seen the depths of infidelity and will not sit back and say "each to their own. "It is wrong. If one is committed, then be committed. Why the hell not. There is so much value in the sacred relationship. There is NO value in cheating and sneaking around and ruining people's lives. Please. This ship has gone so far, what is the future?

So now May 7 will arrive. Man that was a good day for me. One of the best in my life. I adored the day, the significance, the man. All of it. But now May 7, will just become like May 12 or Sept 17, or whatever, the date will just slip away and have no meaning. Like all of this, it is tough to get ones arms around.

No comments: