Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Lilac Truffle




It is kind of fitting that this blog would follow the last one. The one which I ruminated about me being called boring. And I talked about shoes. Well there is nothing boring about these!






I went to the store tonight to find some cute black flat sandals. While scouting around, these jumped out at me. They were on sale :) They had my size (6.5) They fit perfectly! I felt 10 feet tall in them (they made me 5'10".) I thought they kind of had the "hooker look" but with me it always comes off as the "sweet hooker." A lady there who was loving the shoes on me, said they were very Sex and the City--I agreed. I knew they were not that practical, but they were unbelievably very comfortable. And did they ever call to me. I had to buy them, it was destiny. I told the sales girl I was in love and would marry them if I could. Wouldn't they look cute walking down the aisle to me? And the two (well 3 of us) together would never be bored!

Seems silly I know to go on and on about a pair of shoes and even how I would like to marry them. But when your life is somewhat upside down, and you strive to fit into the new "normal" that has been thrown upon you, sometimes all it takes is a pair of shoes to brighten your day.

I called my friend on my cell phone and told her I needed her to come out to her driveway when I drove up--just 3o seconds, she had to see something. So she did. She said if there ever was a shoe that had someone's name on it, these were it for me. She could not say enough (she always makes me feel fantastic) and she dubbed them Sex and the Harbor (we live in Gig Harbor) which was oh so funny. Me and my lilac platforms heading off to singledom in my town. I love the very picture of it. Me and my lilac shoes. I even bought some lilac cubic z earrings to complete my look.

Not sure where I will go with my lilac platforms and my lilac cubic zs, but I know they are nowhere near boring, and neither am I. He blew it.


Today was good.


No comments: