Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Love Bursting Open


"But thy eternal summer shall not fade.." ..a line from Shakespeare's "Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Day.." I am all about summer this year. This summer was truly like magic :) I am not sure, but as Eddie Money sings, "I think I am in love." And then I think of the Dan Fogelberg song.."how do we make love stay.." and my mind gets working as it does and I wonder if love will be fleeting, and then I worry, and then I have to talk myself out of my craziness that descends on me, so damn easily. I have to remind myself to try to stay a "grown up" these days and not fall into school girl drama.

Loving someone new is a special thing in life. It is so wonderful to love someone in the moment, for who they are, as you don't have history in the way, there is no resentment, there are no broken promises or unkind words. It is all a magic bubble and you never want it to end. But maybe it doesn't have to end, or at least not end, but just blossom into other things. Maybe there doesn't have to be resentment and hurt feelings and broken promises. I am really not sure, I am surely not the expert on this subject.

But I know me..I am not sure how to spend time with someone, and really be with them, and not find myself loving them..it just does not seem possible. But then again, I fall in love easily, as I believe in true love, cannot live without each other love, moments in movies, I believe in it..which can be a double edged sword. How it must be to not believe in true love, maybe it is freeing I don't know. For me to be in love is immensely freeing, because I feel set free, I feel able to take the feelings I have in my heart and bestow them on my love..I am the painter and they are my canvas, if they are willing..

As my summer fades away, and I enter fall, which I adore, I am looking forward to making love stay, not just staying, but bursting wide open for me to take in. I want it all. I don't want to hold back, I don't want to be cautious, I don't want to miss a thing, I don't want to close my eyes (as to quote Aerosmith now...) because life is short, life is fleeting, love is fleeting and I want to take it all in. This is me, this is how I am. I might blow you over with what I have in store for you..I don't know. But ..I. Love. Being. In. Love.

No comments: