Monday, August 16, 2010

Journeys


My daughter, my little girl, who is now a very accomplished 26 year old woman, just started her blog, on her training for her upcoming 7th marathon, in hopes to qualify for the Boston marathon. I am so excited for her to be blogging about it (I don't know why I did not think of it sooner..) Anyhow, it is a great journey to record, it is a great journey to be taking. I realized with my blogs, it does not matter if one or 100,000 people follow me or read me, it is getting the word out to someone, someone who might find it inspiring, interesting, motivating, heart capturing, or maybe just a way to make it thru the day or even hour that is upon them, or perhaps just for a laugh. Whatever it is, I am glad to be in the blogging sphere, and wish I did it y e a r s ago, when I first heard "blog" on one of my favorite radio shows of all time, the Ron Owens Show, in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Having my daughter write about her incredible journey of training for a marathon, made me realize that we are both blogging about journeys. Actually all of us, at any given time, are on our very own journey. Some are short, some of just part of our overall journey of life, some are dead ends, and some last a lifetime. The last 18 months or so have been such a journey for me. I feel like I died and then somehow resuscitated myself.

But now things are different. I am not sure if I can lose how I feel now. I am perhaps a bit giddy with love, and find myself wondering where it will all go. It is so nice to hold someones hand. I am a home girl at heart. At the end of the day I just want someone who will be at home with me. A lot. Who will talk to me. Who will be there for me. Who will love me. Always. It might not sound exciting, but there is great peace in it for me, and it opens my heart tremendously. This feeling reminds me of a quote from Father Ralph in The Thorn Birds, as he reflects on his time with Meggie, sequestered away on an island..

"I wanted to never leave her, not only because of her body, but because I just loved to be with her--talk to her, not talk to her, eat the meals she cooked, smile at her, share her thoughts. I shall miss her as long as I live."

I found this so compelling, clearly, it hits home for me. I find the love in being with one person, is a love to fulfill my life in a way beyond anything else. I have lost this before. But I believe we are all here to truly love, and I cannot turn my back on this dream. My dream of a happily ever after. I believe in love.

No comments: