Wednesday, June 23, 2010

More Match


Well it is kind of funny. When I started this blog in November 2008, I thought I was writing about home decor and getting organized! Then it split into 2 blogs, one on the home and one on marriage/divorce..so I guess it follows at some point it would have to take a turn down the dating road, once the heartbreak went away..

So here I am, now I feel like an official blogger on dating, and that is laughable, because I really know nothing about it!

Here is my latest story though for laughs. I really liked this one guy. I knew he was kind of a bad boy, but man his photos were good--one in particular, I told him he looked smoldering. I know, I know..but he is. So we emailed a bunch. They were short and had nothing to do what-so-ever with finding out anything about me. They were mostly written to "hey baby" (to me) and he talked about a "hot connection" perhaps not the recipe for a long term match..I know, I know..

So we finally talk on the phone. He is nice and all, sounds a little bit asleep at the wheel, but I am thinking about the smoldering eyes. We talk a bit, but it is all just kind of circles, and I am thinking hmm...is he interested at all..? He then gets a "work call" and has to call me back..and does..but it was like we had not talked at all, as he does not even know I have a child at home(I said it on the previous call and it is in my profile!!) Um, Hello!! Do you have a brain at all. Then he asks me what I am looking for, again pretty obvious from my profile. I jokingly say there is going to be a quiz, he says okay, he doesn't know any answers..it was funny. I know he looked at my profile many times, clearly just the photos (hey I am flattered..but if you are going to talk to someone on the phone at least read about them!!) Then he has another "work call" but will confirm later on our Tuesday night meeting. (Oh I forgot, I told him I am really a nice woman, the kind of girl you take home to meet your mother--I am not some crazy partier--I think that sunk my ship. In my profile though I state I am not some crazy mother looking for a good time around every corner..again, he had not read it..)

Yeah, right, about the "work call." I know I just crashed and burned. And. I. Did.

I get an email later that day, saying he must have deleted my number (yeah right) something else has come up (yeah right) and he hopes we can connect soon (yeah right)!!! I wrote him back a nice note saying I could tell he was not interested the more we spoke, no problem. I am not mad at all, I just keep finding these encounters end up in the humor bin.

So there went my smoldering "possibility" right out the window--or I guess I should say the flame went right out. I had so wanted to meet him just to see if his photo really proved me right, or if he turned out to be a "no"..even if I knew he wasn't interested--I just wanted to see him!

Back to the drawing board!! Continue to get notes from geeks who I would never talk to (can I sound any worse!) but come on, stay within your own tribe please!!

And I just think, well there is always shopping :)

No comments: