Sunday, November 9, 2008

November Morning

The lovely fall days we had, that still had the glow of sun and warm days have quietly ushered out. It is so fast here, one day it is still a nice fall day with the sun smiling on you, and the next day the rain has set in and the sky is gray. Different from California, where it seemed at times summer might just not end, but then nice days never totally left..here..we can count on gray for 4-5 months, maybe a spot of sun here or there. I can see why people living here get a bit cranky with the weather--it is a bit overwhelming at times. I cannot say it is all bad though. There is something quietly beautiful and serene about a gray fall or winter day. It is like the outside is in a deep sleep and we are part of a fairy tale. I find it inspiring. I never do, but always wish I could, go for a walk deep in a forest, not in the pouring rain, but in a mist perhaps, with the skies gray with winter, and like walking deep into my soul, that is how it would feel to me. It is like the quiet days of winter have secrets ready to unfold.

No comments: