Sunday, November 16, 2008

My Dad

Today, as I began, I hope, on a running program.. (but you never know, these things have a way of falling by the wayside, don't they?) but hopefully this time..I listened to my music on my little music player as I ran around and around in circles on the track at the YMCA. One of the Neil Diamond songs came on, I cannot recall which one, but a slow one, and almost like being shot back in time, I recalled my father, so gingerly holding one of my small siblings, at perhaps age one or under, and slowly dancing with them as Neil Diamond played on the large "hi-fi" in the living room. I could hear the fire crackling in the fire place and the popcorn and "special drinks" (this was Coke or 7Up that we kids got one time a week) and I was so pulled back to that living room and that time that it was almost overwhelming. And the time is gone, there is no going back, and I was sad and filled with a sense of lost as I ran around the track, lost in a moment in time.

No comments: