Thursday, November 6, 2008

November

Well we got out of that totally crap month of October. For me personally, that month almost brought me to my knees. Well I guess on some level it did. Finances, finances, finances, everywhere you look. I felt like I could not breathe...But now, maybe because the election is behind us, maybe because I have gotten used to the bad news of the stock market, maybe because I took some deep breaths, took a serious look at my own financial life and so many mishaps I have done, maybe because time, like in all things, passed, and made things different to look at 3 weeks later than they did 3 weeks ago, I don't know. But I feel different. I still feel stressed, but now I feel kind of challenged, and also feel empowered to take charge and make massive changes. I feel almost excited to live below my means and watch every dollar. I also want to get beyond my own little worries and live in a bigger circle. Our new president, Barack Obama, I believe has the ability to, and already has, inspire a nation to get to the task of thinking beyond the end of our noses. I feel like we are walking in a whole new time.

No comments: