Sunday, October 17, 2010

Love is Never Done


I thought this morning that love is never done. It is not just like we love someone. Love keeps growing and we love them more. I guess I had forgotten about that for quite a long while. Being in love again is new to me, and I had not thought past just being in love. But love is like this never empty treasure chest. We don't just love someone. We love them more and more and more. I forgot about that. And I guess it is the loving them more and more, which makes it that much harder when people die or leave, because we have logged in so many hours, days, months and even years of loving them. I forgot that the heart just keeps expanding for those we love, it is like we can never be done with love. And so I looked at him in the early dawn light, and realized I am falling further and further into love, there is more and more to see and know at every turn, every waking and non waking moment. Love does not sit on a shelf and gesture to you to come and look..it flies all around the room and it engulfs you at the same time. Being on this journey again is what I did hope for, in all those dark days, when my eyes were purple from crying, but I could not see past the heartbreak of losing. Now I am on the other side.

No comments: